While you’re celebrating all of the teachers in your life this week, we want to also celebrate the amazing teachers who work here at Foss Swim School. Teaching kids to swim is about more than skills and technique – it’s about building relationships and trust and the art of making learning fun.
Swim teachers are committed to their craft, having gone through extensive training. They regularly get back in the pool to refresh and learn new skills from our Learning and Development team, from each other and even from our co-founder Jon Foss, who loves the opportunity to pass along knowledge to our instructors.
Our teachers make Foss Swim School the great place it is. We know many of our swimmers and loyal families feel the same way. A huge shout out to each and every one our swim teachers; here’s a selection of nice notes we’ve received from FOSS families that we’re celebrating today, this week and beyond:
- Our instructor has been outstanding at helping our kids become more confident in the water and gently pushes them beyond their comfort zones. They have made the biggest strides in their skills!
- The Backfloat Babies classes are much more than just singing songs and playing games. The are taught by high quality instructors that teach actual swimming skills. Every instructor we have had has been amazingly skilled and excellent with my son.
- Shout out to Ms. Stacey and Ms. Sue! I now go to our lake house feeling so comfortable use all the skills that FOSS has taught my son.
- Nathan is amazing. He is clear, funny and consistent. He makes the lesson fun but keeps it focused and all the kids working hard.
- I liked that Bachka challenged my daughter to swim at a stronger level. He gave her more confidence as a swimmer and was a great teacher. My daughter grew more in his class than any other class previously.
- Our daughter loved coming to class with Andrea. Andrea is the perfect balance of silly and instructive for this age group. She gives us great feedback and our daughter has improved tremendously in one session.
- Naquishe is great! We have had her as an instructor a few sessions prior to this one and she continues to impress us. One of our favorite things about Naquishe is that she keeps both of us, my wife and I, updated with our son’s progress as we switch off classes. Even while the other is watching, she engages us with feedback.