Private Lesson Learning Only. While classes may look a little different you will be getting even more laughter, learning and mastery that you've come to expect from FOSS.
Following guidelines from state and health departments we will NOT be reopening our schools with group lessons. We anticipate the near future when we can once again offer our traditional group learning format.
Private Lessons are 1:1 (one student per instructor) for 30 minutes.
- $50 per lesson
- A $25 savings from regular private lesson tuition.
Semi-Private Lessons are 2:1 (two students per instructor) for 30 minutes.
- $40 per lesson, per student.
- Semi-Private Lessons only available to students of the same family and similar skill level.
We’ve been diligently planning our return to the pool together. We’re looking for ways to make our environment even safer and planning new ways and frequencies for cleaning.
We started 27 years ago as a family business. The Foss family was the engine that brought our unique and highly effective learning experience to the world. Internally we talk about it as the FOSS way. Externally we think of all of you as FOSS families because you are families and in some way you’re all part of the family too.
As we’ve been checking in with health departments, conferring with our peers around the world and planning with our team we are delighted to bring you a truly unique experience for Summer 2020. The school started with private lessons, we’ve been running private lessons for years – but never for the whole pool. We’re excited.
We build stronger and safer swimmers at FOSS.
Private Lesson 1:1 instruction:
- Modifies the class experience while potentially speeding the process of becoming more confident and safer in and around water
- Available at a significantly reduced rate this summer. Save $25/lesson
Your student will experience:
- Undivided attention of a FOSS teacher.
- Student specific lesson plans, pacing and progress updates too.
We understand this may not be for everyone for a host of reasons. However, we invite you to consider this unique opportunity to experience private lesson learning at a reduced rate while it’s available.
Tuition Example: Private Lesson Learning for 10 Summer 2020 lessons is $500 ($50 per lesson). This is a $250 discount on 10 private lessons.
Credits from previous quarters will be automatically applied to your enrollment request prior to processing Summer tuition.
- How will you ensure social distancing in the pool?
We will keep our distance. However, due to the nature of the work, and the need for safety, we will act accordingly.
- How is a Private lesson different from our regular lesson?
You’ll receive 1:1 instruction. Parents and students have also reported instances of students progressing even more rapidly.
- Will I get the same number of lessons for the same amount of time?
All classes will be 30 minutes. The number of lessons continue to depend on the session dates for which each student is enrolled.
- Do I have other options to help offset the tuition?
Spring credits, and any other credits on your account, will be proactively applied to summer your enrollments.
- Will credits be applied before charging?
Yes. The credits you have on your account will be applied to your enrollment prior to processing payment for your summer classes.
- What happens to my spot being held for Summer (not paid for yet) OR the Camps I purchased and paid for already?
All previously reserved or purchased lessons for any Summer 2020 group lessons made prior to June 1st have been cancelled to allow for enrollment in only private lessons. Any credits for paid enrollments have been proactively applied to your family account. (Except in O’Fallon, MO)
"We had a very special experience in our Private classes with teacher Amy. Corbin learned so much, so fast. It was amazing."
- FOSS Parent in Minnesota
Thank you for considering this unique opportunity. We truly look forward to seeing all of at the pool and advancing your family’s swimming competence together again soon!
Sign in to view class schedules, make your request and make more progress on your path to swimming competence.