As we re-open we’ll notify you at least a week before our scheduled open date via email, alert banners on our website and on this page.
The events of the last weeks are truly unprecedented. In the 27 years we’ve invested in teaching people of all ages to LOVE WATER, we, like you , have never seen anything like this.
It was with a realistic concern for our employees, students and families and with a great deal of uncertainty, that we moved to suspend the Spring quarter. Given what we knew at that time and what we are continuing to learn daily, the health of your family, our team members and our vital healthcare resources, continue to be a priority. We will continue to do our part for the communities we serve.
Here are a few things we know today:
- This situation is fluid and we will all need to be patient and contemplate adjustments along the way
- Our goal is to safely resume lessons according to recommendations and guidelines set forth by our state’s health departments and the CDC
- We are continuing to evaluate and implement measures to support employees in this changing environment
A credit will be applied to your Family Account for any missed lessons during this suspension and may be used for future lessons this Summer and Fall. Our teachers are looking forward to swimming with you again at our schools and meeting many new faces!
Foss Swim School follows recommendations from each state’s health department regarding the coronavirus or any other contagious condition. We will continue to communicate with you via email and our website to provide updates as new information presents itself that impacts our families, students and staff.
Parents are asking how they can help.
Keep your Spring enrollment! We haven’t cancelled the quarter. Rather, we have temporarily suspended lessons. We’re encouraged by parent’s messages in recent days about wanting to get back to swimming and for their kids to see their Teachers. Our interest is to stay prepared and ready to safely re-open for all of our families and employees. #staywithus
Swimming in Ankeny, Iowa?
We look forward to seeing you at the pool! Our March 28th Grand Opening has been postponed. Classes have been suspended until further notice and our open date will be adjusted in coordination with local government guidelines. We’ll send and post further updates as soon as they are available. We can’t wait to share our new Ankeny school with you as soon as it is safe to do so!
Preventative measures FOSS is implementing within our control to minimize any potential impact on our communities and staff:
We continue to practice preventative measures with our staff and have implemented heightened disinfection procedures within our facilities.
- All FOSS locations are cleaned daily with ECOLAB products that are effective against infectious germs. This includes; door handles, sinks, fixtures, showers, toilets, floors and diaper changing stations
- All FOSS locations provide use of hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol content that is needed to be effective against germs of this nature
- All FOSS locations provide regular hand soap that is not antiseptic
- All Foss Swim School pools exceed required regulatory minimums for pool maintenance and disinfection, including but not limited to, pool turnover rate, ultra-violet filtration and safe chlorine levels.
Is it possible for COVID-19 to be spread through pools or hot tubs?
Some of you may be wondering if it is possible for COVID-19 to spread through pools or hot tubs. Per the CDC, “There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and/or bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.” Please visit http://www.cdc.gov for more information on COVID-19.
What is your illness policy?
If you or your child is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing) or other flu-like symptoms, please stay home. Any staff members exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or who are known to have come in contact with a person who is being tested for or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, will not be allowed to work.
In the event of a missed class for illness, please review our illness policy:
- If you miss a lesson, we offer vouchers to be redeemed for Family Swims, Fun Meets and Skill Clinics. Each swimmer is eligible to redeem two vouchers per quarter*.
- Vouchers are issued by our front desk after you miss a class.
- Each voucher entitles:
– One child and one parent to participate in a FOSS Family Swim
– One child to participate in a FOSS Fun Meet
-One child to participate in a FOSS Skill Clinic
- Vouchers do not expire
- *2 and 4 week camp formats are eligible to redeem one voucher per quarter
Fun family activities:
As families continue to spend more time at home, we’d like to offer some activities that your children may find fun and keep them thinking positively…and about swimming!
We will continue to provide updates as new information presents itself that impacts our families, students, and staff. Below are additional resources for further information on COVID-19.