We are monitoring the CDC and each state’s Department of Health’s recommendations regarding preventative measures we can all take to manage a potential outbreak of COVID-19, or “coronavirus”. We are tracking daily updates on the nature of this potential threat in our communities and will update you as further information requires it.
It is worth noting that as of today, there are no directives from either the CDC or local Departments of Health to limit large groups, cancel kids’ activities or cancel sporting event
Here are details we can share on the preventative measures FOSS is implementing within our control to minimize any potential impact on our communities and staff.
- FOSS will follow the local Department of Health’s recommendations for prevention and closures
- FOSS will monitor local school districts closures, although the local Department of Health leads our decisions on closures
- All FOSS teachers are teaching solely in one location and not allowed to teach in multiple schools
- ALL FOSS locations are cleaned daily with ECO – LAB products that are effective against infectious germs. This includes; door handles, sinks, fixtures, showers, toilets, floors and diaper changing stations.
- All FOSS locations provide free use of hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol content that is needed to be effective against germs of this nature.
- All FOSS locations provide regular hand soap that is not antiseptic.
- FOSS pools are maintained at proper chlorine levels, which is a known disinfectant, in addition to ultra violet filtration which provides additional secondary disinfection.
- FOSS will communicate any information we are made aware of regarding the spread of this potential threat through emails directly to each family and our website.
Here is how you can help:
- COVID-19 is a respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, coughing and shortness of breath.
- If your swimmer is sick, please do not bring them to swimming class.
- Absence due to illness will be handled with a non – expiring “voucher” for the missed class and can be redeemed for the use of a skill clinic, a family swim or a fun meet.
- Please ensure your family is washing hands when using bathrooms on site.
- Please remind your family to “cover a cough”.
- Please use the Kleenex provided at each school and throw out in trash receptacles.
Please click on these links for further information: CDC (www.cdc.gov), Illinois Department of Public Health (www.dph.illinois.gov), Iowa Department of Public Health (www.idph.iowa.gov), Minnesota Department of Health (www.health.state.mn.us), Missouri Department of Health (www.health.mo.gov), and North Dakota Department of Health (www.health.nd.gov)
As we continue to work through this together, please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Foss Swim School